- The drilling rigs can fully meet the well-drilling process requirements by adoption of flexible driving designs- mechanical drives (high-speed diesels, hydraulic transmission box, angle gear box or middle-speed diesel hydraulic transmission, chain combination box), compound transmission and electrical drives (VFD or SCR) etc.
- The whole unit is very compact and a quick whole transportation and installation of the whole drilling rig can be realized due to a utilization of a skid-mounted structure. In addition, the drilling rig requires a small working site due to its high integration and compact configuration.
- Masts and substructures have various structures, such as: perpendicular-hoist sectional mast, whole-hoist K-type mast, telescopic substructure, spirally hoisted substructure and folding - frame substructure.
- A standard and module design and various ways of combination have been adopted in order to boost up the universal and exchangeable performances of the drilling rigs and to meet the user’s different requirements.
- Disc brake or band brake can be applied as main brake and air brake or FDWS brake can be used as auxiliary brake and the energy-consumption braking can be available for electrical-drive-rig auxiliary brake. The drawworks can be equipped with bit-feed motor and control system.
- The Internet and communication techniques have been used on the drilling rigs, which can realize an integral display for power, air control, hydraulic control, and monitoring and the intellectual and safe control of the driller.
- The perfect configurations of the solid control system, well control system, high-pressure pipe manifold system, the generator house, the engine pump house, doghouse and other auxiliary facilities can meet the user’s different requirements. Safety and inspection measures are strengthened under the guidance of the design concept of “Humanism Above All” to meet the requirements of HSE.
Source :- http://www.rigmanufacturer.com/skid-mounted-drilling-rig.html