- Operating voltage: 15 – 29 VDC
- Connector: 8-Conductor Rotary (Isys/GE Pilot) or Kintec (Tensor)
- Flow sensor is vibration controlled and user-configurable
- Advanced power supply; minimizes motor impact on battery voltage fluctuation and line noise to external tools
- Pulse transmission; positive
- Outer Diameter (Housing): 1.875″
- Length: 44.1″ – 46.5″
- Max Operating pressure: 20,000 PSI
- Max operating temp: 177° C / 350° F (200° C in development)
- Survival temp electronics: 185° C, Motor 200° C, Mechanical 200° C
- Vibration: 20 gRMS (15 – 1,0000 Hz)
- Shock: 1000 g, .5 ms, 1/2 Sine
- LCM: High Tolerant
- Tensor: externally controlled pulse line, pulser controls flow switch
- BlueStar: CAN Bus commands control pulsing, external flow switch
- Isys Tool String: supports advanced functions
- Other: can be easily adapted to work with other third-party tools
Advance Software Features
- Advanced memory logging stores information regarding environmental conditions experienced, all communications received, and diagnostic information for each pulse executed by the motor.
- Advanced motor driver algorithm delivers only the power required to move pilot valve poppet at desired rate. Up to 50% power reduction under normal operating conditions. Quick response (< 200 μs) to LCM blockage and pressure events allows motor to deliver up to 100% percent of rated power quickly when needed.
- Advanced motor driver starts motor in a way that minimizes impact on battery by limiting battery current in a controlled manner.
Advanced Mechanical Features
- High LCM tolerant
- Rugged construction; designed for high vibration environment
- Reduced number of parts makes it easy to service
- Self adjusting poppet increases efficiency
- Self-aligning connectors; no more bent pins
- Twin-start threads, modular design for quicker assembly
- Can be assembled with minimum set of tools
- Designed to minimize wash
- Piston-compensated; tool only uses 5 cubic inches of oil and fills in less than 90 minutes
- Servo poppet, screen & orifice are changed without removing oil
Vertex Downhole Ltd.
Vertex Downhole, was started in 2011 by a group of established industry experts, driven to develop the next generation of MWD tools. Starting with a Pulser and a field ready Tool Kit, the product line quickly expanded. Today, Vertex is a leader in oilfield technology companies, designing advanced solutions, including proprietary software, a straight hole drift correction tool, as well as a pumps-on-survey tool. Since inception, the company has expanded from Calgary to Houston and West Texas, and services tools and technologies in Canada, the United States, China and Europe.
Vertex Downhole is an integrated oil and gas service company with a product base uniquely geared to support down hole drilling. The overall company focus is to increase efficiencies for companies by integrating all tools; from the drilling rig to the drill bit. The combination of technical knowledge and management expertise ensures that the quality of the work and the client experience is never compromised.