DJ10 DOUBLE ACTING HYDRA-MECHANICAL JAR
Cougar Drilling Solutions
Part of the Cougar Drilling Solutions’ fleet of downhole drilling tools, the DJ10 is assembled with the same dependable mechanical lock (latch) mechanism as the Cougar DJ6, but with the capacity to jar down hydraulically.
All Cougar DS jars have internal locking mechanisms that eliminate the need for “safety collars” found on many other jars. Even better, the internal lock ensures the tool will not misfire.
Benefits & Features
• The mechanical latch ensures the jar will not fire prematurely
• The mechanical latch eliminates component wear while drilling
• The mechanical latch eliminates the need for a safety collar
• Hydraulic delay up and down allows the operator to vary jarring loads in both directions
• With adjustable lock loads, the jar can be run in compression or in tension
• The jar is designed with a locking mechanism in place, but it can be produced without a lock
• Standard operating temperatures up to 250°F (121°C). Special seals are available for operating temperatures up to 450°F (232°C)
Cougar Drilling Solutions is a leading manufacturer and supplier of downhole tools, based in Canada. Established in 1969, we have years of experience in the direct management of complex drilling projects. With a footprint all around the globe, we have delivered downhole drilling tools, services, and solutions for crucial oil and gas operations.
We have constantly strived to deliver innovative solutions in both onshore and offshore operations, demonstrating our reliability throughout North America, South America, Europe, Australia, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Through extensive R&D, we’re relentlessly enhancing our existing, in-house-manufactured products, all the while designing and developing new ones to meet the dynamic requirements of the drilling industry.