Large number of ferrous steel wire ropes is in use in different industries. Premature discard and replacement with the new rope involves in unreasonable costs, while operating the rope, which already reached discard criteria, is dangerous. Visual inspection is obvious, but only visual examination is not sufficient due to specific rope design. Non-destructive magnetic inspection of ropes enables to gather comprehensive data for making reasoned decision. Magnetic flux leakage (MFL) equipment with strong magnetization can inspect ropes reliably, and smart software facilitates data interpretation.
Our rope inspection services comprise inspection of the new ropes either during production run or delivered to the customer, and on-site inspection onshore, offshore, above ground and underground. Inspection is carried in accordance with national / international standards and norms. This enables large cost savings as wire ropes can be used safely for a longer period of time.
- Magnetic Flux Leakage based Inspection to Detect Local Flaws (LF) : Broken Wire, Corrosion Pit, Rope Core Cracking, etc.
- Loss of Metallic Area (LMA) : Volumetric Defects, Abrasion Loss, Loss due to Fatigue, Corrosion Loss, etc.
- Inspection Speed 4 mtr. per second
- Minimal cleaning / surface preparation of rope required as it can negotiate dust and lubricant over the rope
- Battery Operated setup, thus easy mobility at remote locations.